Sizemic Data – Size Survey Data
The emergence of 3D body scanners has made it possible to conduct large-scale national size surveys and capture high quality measurement and shape data on a statistically representative sample of the population, quickly and economically.
Recruitment & Data Collection
Southampton Cardiff Birmingham Manchester
London Nottingham Leeds Edinburgh
Size UK DatabaseSubjects, wearing underwear, were scanned in 2 poses, standing and seated. 8-10 manual measurements, not covered by the scanning process were also taken. Each subject was asked to complete an extensive market research questionnaire which captured information on personal details, clothing issues, shopping habits and preferences plus lifestyle habits including health & fitness, occupation, employment and ethnicity.
Information in the database includes:
- Personal details on each subject (excluding name & address)
- 11,000 subjects – approximately 50 % women and 50% men
- 140 measurements per subject
- 130 electronic
- 8-10 manual
- Market Research Information – results of 40 questions per subject on clothes, shopping and lifestyle habits and preferences.
Automatic Measurement Extraction
The results of SizeUK are available through:
- Standard Data Analysis of the measurements, shape and market research data:
- Statistical analysis of the measurement information covering mean, max/min standard deviation etc in total and by age, region, socio economic group or ethnicity.
- Frequency distribution charts and analysis for each measurement
- 3D shape analysis of the scan data
- Cross-correlation charts showing the relationship between key measurements.
- Tabulated statistical analysis of the Market Research Information.
Customised Data Analysis through online access to the SizeUK database using a set of software tools designed by UCL. This allows users to conduct their own analysis on a subset of the data based on their customer profile.
Data Analysis Services provided by Sizemic. Sizemic offers a range of basic and advanced data analysis services for customers who would like analysis carried out on their behalf
For clothing companies the data provides the potential amongst others to:
- Improve sizing and fit
- Optimise the efficiency of your size charts
- Maximise the percentage of your target customer profile that can fit your clothes.
- Increase sales by understanding the demand in certain size categories e.g. outsize, petites
- Reduce size related returns
- Improve buying ratios and size allocation to retail branches.
Acquiring the SizeUK Data
Customers first need to purchase a Data Licence giving them rights to use the SizeUK data. The Data Licence Fee is a one off fee based on company size (turnover) and the price also includes the Standard Data Analysis package. The women’s and men’s data can be purchased separately.
Customers who wish to use the online analysis tools to carry out customised analysis need to purchase an additional Data Access License. The Data Access Licence Fee is a fixed annual licence irrespective of company size or the genders purchased.
Customers who wish to use Sizemic’s data analysis services must have purchased a Data Licence first.